Gluten Free Sesame Noodle Salad
This gluten-free sesame noodle salad is a delicious side dish or perfect lunch, served hot or cold. I added some extra veggies to my recipe (per usual) and made a simple dressing with just a touch of sweetness and kick of spice. The entire salad was super simple and quick to make, a new summer time staple! We'll definitely be adding this to our picnic and BBQ menu.
Keep it vegan or add some grilled chicken breast for a heartier, protein packed entree. This can be made a day ahead of time, especially if serving cold.
Gluten Free Sesame Noodle Salad Recipe
Serves 4-6 as a side
Total Time: 20 minutes to serve warm, 1 hour 20 minutes to serve cold
- 1 Package Gluten Free Spaghetti Noodles (I used Tinkyada Brown Rice Noodles
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Braggs Amino Acids
- 3 Tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Bring large pot of water to boil with a dash of salt. Thinly slice zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper into ribbons, cutting into shorter pieces as desired.
- Add noodles to boiling water. Boil per package instructions, 8-10 minutes or until slightly al dente. Once cooked, strain and rinse with cool water.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 Tbsp of sesame oil to medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook garlic until soft. Add zucchini and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding carrots and bell pepper. Cook for just a minute to keep crunchy. Remove from heat and set aside
- Make dressing. Add all ingredients to small saucepan. Whisk together and cook over simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add noodles, vegetables, and sauce back to noodle pot if serving warm or a large bowl if serving cold. If serving warm, mix together over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat heat, top with basil and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. If serving cold, mix together, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Garnish with basil and sesame seeds before serving.